ZANLINK CONTINUES TO SUPPORT ZIFF
Zanlink, Zanzibar’s leading ISP provider of high speed broadband and various connectivity solutions, will continue its support of the Zanzibar International Film Fesetival for the 18th year running. Zanlink recognizes the important role that ZIFF plays in promoting an open and connected society. Zanlink is at the forefront of modern communication networks-for both commercial and development purposes.
Every year thousands of ZIFF guests enjoy the free internet at the Old Fort, and this access, is just one aspect of how modern communication methods are bringing changes to the conservative society of Zanzibar.
Zanlink will provide ZIFF with a number of essential communication services including:
- Internet service at ZIFF office as well as host ZIFF website and domain for a year
- Provide specific Wifi and internet service to ZIFF and ZIFF guests during Festival
- Host and sponsor the ZIFF Festival opening night () and Awards night ( )
Zanlink have substantially increased their sponsorship commitment to ZIFF this year and Zanlink Director, Sanjay Raja explains why, “Zanlink recognizes the importance of the festival, which is one of the major tourist attractions in the islands. Zanlink has been sponsoring the event for 15 years, and this year we are particularly excited about the opportunity.”
Festival Director Martin Mhando also explained that the partnership between ZIFF and Zanlink is on-going and will include many future events and initiatives.
Just the name Zanzibar conjures up positive and mythical images – long known as a hub of trade, communications and a true cultural melting pot – Zanzibar is one of Africa’s top tourism destinations – and for good reason.
ZIFF is one of the highlights of the island nation’s cultural calendar with thousands of people attending every year. Films, filmmakers, film-lovers and tourists all flock to the 9 day event that celebrates music, the arts and the spirit of the island itself.
The ZIFF Festival of the Dhow Countries is organized by ZIFF, a non-governmental, non-profit organization founded in 1998 in Zanzibar to promote and showcase the culture of the Dhow Countries.
· The largest multi-disciplinary cultural festival of its kind in East Africa.
· The longest running film festival in the region
· Listed in the top 5 film and music festivals in Africa
· Tourism friendly - has acquired the reputation of a top Cultural Tourism product
· International- on average over 40 countries are represented.
· Music –oriented programme that includes over 30 local, regional and international acts
· Social aware with ties with cultural, civic, film and social NGO’s across Africa
· Developmental – with a strong focus on workshops and outreach
· Business friendly – with various partners, sponsors and a market driven approach to film, tourism & culture.
Find out more details on the ZIFF website, www.ziff.or.tz
Also make sure to like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/