Advertisements

Saturday, February 25, 2017

Funny African Movie Skit

My name is Zulfiqar Manzi and I am a young, up and coming comedian. I am Tanzanian, and currently reside in the United States. I have my own web series "Real Stories with Zulfiqar Manzi" on my website, www.zmasterproductions.com and I recently created a comedy skit titled Typical African Movies. In the skit, I talk about the many different scenarios that happen in most African films, particularly from Tanzania, Nigeria, Ghana, Kenya, and etc. Anytime I make a reference about some scenes in African films, I act them out as well. Its really well done, and I believe you will enjoy the satire video! Please let me know what you think!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I take an offense of the depiction of Africans. Why do we always have to have some kind of a physical deformity??? Comedy is humor and not what the West considers to be the opposite of glamorous. As Africans we have to demand fair representation in the media and entertainment instead of finding everything funny only because it's on the screen.

Zulfiqar Manzi said...

Thank you very much guys!

Zulfiqar Manzi said...

Thank you very much guys!

Anonymous said...

Anonymous, I am Tanzanian myself. You can talk to other Tanzanian people and Nigerians who have watched this and think its just pure satire (which it is). In this video, you don't see anyone dressed like bushmen in the village talking click sounds or kids asking for food, or a bunch of animals walking around. You actually see the main character living in a really nice home, wearing nice clothes. He's not living in a mud house. If you take offense of the background images, you can't deny those places exist.

Also, go on youtube and search "Tanzanian Movies 2016" and tell me what you see. Have a good day.